Sunday, November 24, 2013

DAY 824...Thankful For #24

Today I am thankful for talents. But not just my own talents, but the talents of those closest to me in my life, and some who I'm not so close to. In fact I'm not even going to discuss my own talents because that it just weird and I'm not even sure what those talents really are. I have a good idea what I think they are, but my "talents" might just be in my head. Anyway I think that the talents that I am most grateful for are my husband's. Obviously Steve Jobs was talented, and whoever invented Taco Bell has talent that blows my mind, but my husband's talents are something that I get so excited about and I love to brag about! Spencer has a hidden talent of being able to sculpt. Who does that right? But holy cow! When I see what his hands can create out of some clay, it BLOWS MY MIND! So many people have so many talents that have blessed my life. I think that's what talents should be used for. We should try our hardest to use our talents in order to bless the lives of others. My husband doesn't sculpt for himself, he does it for others and to be able to bless the lives of others. What an amazing and dying talent!
 He made this caveman for a project in a sculpting class that he is taking at BYU-Idaho right now.
 Bust of Joseph Smith.
 Bust of his father.
 Side view of his father. I have a fabulous video of him giving this to his Dad, but since I'm on vaca I won't be able to post it until we get home. But be prepared... you may need a tissue!
 Bust of Brigham Young.
Bust of Gordon B. Hinckley.

I AM THANKFUL FOR TALENTS.

No comments:

Post a Comment