Sunday, November 3, 2013

DAY 803... Thankful For #3

Today I am especially thankful for the Freedom of Religion that we have in this country. This allows me to worship the way that I want without the fear of being persecuted. I also feel as though this means that it allows others to worship however they please without me being able to persecute them. For me, I choose to belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Click here to learn more. I believe that families can be together forever. I believe that we are married not just until death do us part but for time and all eternity. What could be greater than that? To be able to be with the people that you love the most FOREVER? Who marries someone and thinks, "Thank goodness I only have to be with you until we die." No one. You marry someone because you love them and you want to be with them forever. I am blessed enough to have that in my life because of my beliefs. That seems like one of the greatest and biggest blessings ever. Who wouldn't want that? I believe in God the Eternal Father and in His Son and in the Holy Ghost. You know, I'm not one to express my religion often, but I live it everyday. I do not drink, I do not smoke, I give 10% of my income every month to my church. That may seem silly to some people, but when you receive the blessings that my family and every family around me who obeys that commandment receives, there's no doubt in your mind but to pay that tithing. Having the freedom of religion is more than being able to worship how I want and where I want, but it allows for the exemption of persecution of anyone who wants to worship, however that may be. I am not one to judge people for how they worship or for how they live. Many of my friends are not members of my church, and I love them. This freedom allows for me not to be persecuted even though I belong to a church that believes that your body is a temple (I believe this as well) and most members do not have tattoos. However, I have a visible tattoo on my foot, and this freedom allows me to be able to worship and wear heels and have a tattoo and not be persecuted for my mistakes because of the atonement. There is no way to express and explain all of my beliefs in one post, but it is truly amazing to me.

 Yes, this is how we keep Aniston quiet for all 3 hours of church... It's awesome!

I AM THANKFUL FOR THE FREEDOM OF RELIGION.

No comments:

Post a Comment