Friday, January 2, 2015

DAY 1221... This Year

A bad habit I am going to break:
I am absolutely the WORST at excepting compliments. I want to do better at accepting compliments and saying thank you as opposed to brushing off the good things that people are telling me.
A new skill I'd like to learn:
I have wanted to learn to crochet for years! This year, I am actually going to learn that skill and it's my goal to rock it!
A person I hope to be more like:
I want to be more like my Mom. She loves everyone regardless of race, sex, religion, differences of opinions, etc. She always has open arms and just loves others so completely. She doesn't gossip and she is just so Christlike. I definitely want to be more like her.
A good deed I'm going to do:
I want to teach my children about volunteer work. I want to find a place within my community that will allow a 2 1/2 year old to help them somehow. I want my children to understand and realize the importance and value of service.
A place I'd like to visit:
I want to go back to Redmond, OR where I graduated high school and visit my friends who are still there. I want to show my husband where my memories happened and where I grew up.
A book I'd like to read:
I would like to read the Book of Mormon on my own in it's entirety by the end of the year. I am so good at starting to read it, but I haven't read it all the way through, on my own, since high school. 11 years is way too long.
A letter I am going to write:
I want to write to my brother Jake, once a month, while he is on his mission. I want my children to still know their Uncle Jake when he returns in 2 years and I want him to know and feel our support during those 2 years.
A new food I'd like to try:
Humus scares the heck out of me. I don't know why, but it does. This year, I want to try humus.
I'm going to do better at:
I want to do better at focusing on the positive and not dwelling and living in the negative and in the past. There is so much good in life, that I really want to focus on that good and to embrace the positive that can be found in every day life.

5 comments:

  1. Read from Helaman to the end then circle back, the good stuff is in the middle to the end, so you are excited to read, by the time you get to the end the habit is established and reading the beginning is easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love this! Why have I never heard this before?!?!

      Delete
  2. Also, volunteer opportunity... I have heard that zoo's like having cheerios on a string, necklace style, for their primates to eat/play with. Having Ani string them and bring them to the zoo would be fun, develop dexterity, and be service!! I googled the zoo near you, they have primates.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such an amazing idea! Aniston would love to do that! Thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. New Google+ follower! :)
    I'm really bad at accepting compliments too! Whenever I get one I always have to mention something bad about myself. I don't know why I do that, it drives my husband crazy!

    ReplyDelete