Sunday, November 17, 2013

DAY 817... Thankful For #17

Today I am thankful for Temples. Spencer and I had the opportunity to go to the temple Friday night with my parents and this was the first time I had gone since before Aniston was born. I have a TON of excuses as to why I didn't go during this time, no babysitter, too busy, coaching, working, homework, too tired, etc... But let's be honest. None of those reasons are good enough to put off going to the temple for that long. It was a wonderful experience! It was something that I needed in my life for sure. I have been harvesting some really hard feelings towards several people, feelings that keep me up at night and feelings that are very not so Christlike, but going to the temple helped me deal with those feelings in a better more appropriate manner than how I really wish that I could. I just felt calmer and more at peace. I felt like the little things didn't matter so much and that I had been ignoring the big picture. It definitely reminded me that I am capable and should feel blessed to have a temple so close to my home that I can attend. There are so many members of my church who have to travel hours, some even days in order to attend the temple. It is the place where Spencer and I were married for time and all eternity. It is a place where I can be reminded about the important things and forget about the world. There is no excuse for not going to the temple. And I hope now to be able to go more frequently. I have no excuse not to go.

I AM THANKFUL FOR TEMPLES!

No comments:

Post a Comment