Monday, July 29, 2013

Monday Munchies... Garlic Shrimp

I am OBSESSED with this recipe! Since I went low carb, I have been frantically searching the World Wide Web for new yummy recipes that will make me forget the bread, potatoes and pasta.... Yum! This recipe is insane! According to MyFitnessPal (another obsession... if you don't already use it, get it!!!) it only has 192 calories (this will differ of course depending on serving size) only 4 carbs and 16 grams of protein (whoop whoop). I chose to eat it with a side salad, but the entire time I was dreaming about eating this shrimp with mashed potatoes. My mouth is watering right now! Are you ready for your shopping list????

Shopping List: 


  • 1 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
  • 1 pound of shrimp
  • Salt to taste
  • 6 cloves of garlic - no less than 6 cloves!!!!
  • 1/4 tsp. red pepper flakes
  • 2 tbsp of cold butter - cut into 4 pieces
  • 3 tbsp of lemon juice
  • 1/3 cup chopped Parsley

Pretty simple right? Now don't forget to peel and de-vain the shrimp before you cook it.... I should probably be ashamed to admit that I almost forgot that part right? But don't worry... I remembered right beforehand, thank goodness. Okay so here are your directions. 


  • Prepare all ingredients beforehand because the cooking goes quick and there's not time to prepare while cooking.
  • Place your pan on the highest heat and pour in the oil. Wait until the oil is super hot, not burning but hot, then pour your shrimp in evenly into the pan. 
  • Add salt.
  • Toss after a minute and let them cook for another minute. By this time they will not be completely cooked through, but they will be pretty pink. 
  • Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Then toss and stir and keeping the shrimp moving for about a minute.
  • Add lemon juice and 1 chunk of butter.
  • Next add HALF of your Parsley and continue to stir.
  • Once the butter is melted completely (shouldn't take long) turn the heat down to low and add the rest of the butter.
  • As soon as the butter is melted.... It's ready to eat!!! So easy right????
  • Use the remainder of the Parsley to top the cooked Shrimp.
  • Don't forget to use up all the juice/sauce left in the pan! If its a little runny, just add a little cold water and pour it on top of your shrimp!!!!!
 Once again... please ignore the use of the paper plate... In fact, just get use to it you will see them A LOT!!!
And this picture will not rotate... annoying! But look at that shrimp! So tasty!

If you do not enjoy this shrimp then I'm not sure we can be friends anymore. It is amazingly easy to prepare and the taste is out of this world!!! Not to mention is soooooooo healthy! Who knew that eating healthy could taste so incredibly delicious? I am down 10lbs already after 2 weeks just by changing what I eat. I don't feel hungry and I have so much energy! Obviously I was eating pretty bad before... And I wondered why the baby weight wouldn't come off! Eating right is the way to go! I have never felt more motivated and have never been more consistent in my diet!!! I LOVE seeing results!

Enjoy this yummy recipe and I will begin my search for my next yummy low carb treat!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment