Monday, August 26, 2013

Monday Munchies... Sausage Stuffed Jalapenos

I LOVE spicy food! Mexican food is my FAVORITE! When I stumbled across this recipe I knew that 1) I had to make it and 2) I needed to add more cheese! This would make a fabulous appetizer for a Labor Day BBQ or just to eat. They are surprisingly filling! Per serving there is 6 grams of carbs and 6 grams of protein.

Shopping List:
5 Large Jalapenos
1 8oz Package of Cream Cheese
1lb Ground Sausage
1 cup of Shredded Parmesan Cheese
1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese

You need to preheat your oven to 425 degrees.

Next brown the sausage. I used fresh pork sausage, so I didn't need to drain my sausage, but drain it after it's cooked.

Cut the top off your jalapenos and cut them in half, seeding them as you go. I promise, they are still spicy even without the seeds.

Once the sausage is completely cooked and drained, mix it in a large bowl with the cream cheese (I softened mine to make it easier to mix) and all of the Parmesan cheese. I am a competitive high school cheerleading coach so of course I was watching Hellcats while I was cooking. Inspiration right?

Take a spoon and fill the jalapeno with the stuffing.

Top with Mozzarella cheese.

Cook for about 20 minutes, but check continually after 15 minutes to make sure the cheese does not burn. I almost had a disaster on my hands.

ENJOY!

We had enough stuffing left over for some breakfast taquitos the next morning. Super yummy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment