Monday, August 5, 2013

Monday Munchies... Creamy Southwest Chicken

I am a sucker for anything with the word "creamy" in it. That word just makes my mouth water! Plus when I heard the word Southwest in the title, I knew it was going to be a tad spicy... Just the way I like it! Per serving, this meal only has 6.4 grams of carbs and 48.4 grams of protein. Calories are pretty low at only 294.7 per serving. I just love these nutritional facts! Of course this is one of those meals that would probably taste amazing with rice or potatoes or even pasta or on a soft warm tortilla with a dab of sour cream, but I'm not at that point yet where I can give into those things yet. I have never stuck to eating healthy for so long, I know it's only been 2 weeks, but I am 10 pounds lighter and seeing results, so I am going to stick with it. Let me quickly say, if I can do this ANYONE can do this!


Shopping List:
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Oil
1/4 cup chopped Onion
2 cloves minced Garlic (please don't judge my mincing skills)
6-8oz canned of chopped Green Chilies
1 tsp. of Chicken Stock
1/4 cup Cream
1/3 cup Shredded Cheese of your choice (I used cheddar and may or may not have used more than the recipe called for)

Once again, it's a good option to get everything cut up before hand. This cooks fast and you don't wanna be burning your chicken!

Heat a skillet with Oil.

Add chicken to hot skillet and saute until both sides are browned adding the onion halfway through.

Add garlic after chicken is cooked and cooking for another minute.

Add Chicken Stock.

Add green chilies and cream and simmer until chicken is completely cooked through and sauce is thick.

Top with cheese and serve when cheese has melted.


ENJOY!!!!

My husband took one bite and just about died. It's one of his new favorites. He ate it with white rice. It was tasty! Next time I probably won't add as much cheese, but it was cheesy and delicious!

I'm dealing with teething again... So not even fun! We are leaving for a 13 hour drive to Oregon in a few hours and I am freaking out about doing so with a teething 1 year old. The only good thing about it is that she looks so cute obsessing over her baby!

Any helpful suggestions as to how to deal with teething or long road trips???? Also, normally she doesn't run around in a diaper but she has a little bit of a fever and it's a hot summer day.



No comments:

Post a Comment