Monday, October 26, 2015

Monday Munchies... Frosted Sugar Cookies


Let's me start off by telling you that I'm the kind of girl who likes thick, cakey, soft sugar cookies. 
I'm so not into the hard and thin kind of cookie.
The more the better!

This is my Mom's recipe and I have been using it since high school.
I used to make cookies all the time in high school.
For everyone.
That seems a little weird now,
but sometimes the truth is weird.

I bake these babies for pretty much every holiday.
Aniston LOVES to decorate cookies.
That's the best excuse I have.

SHOPPING LIST
2/3 Cup of Butter
2 Eggs
1/4 Cup of Milk
3/4 Cup of Sugar
1 TSP. of Vanilla
2 1/2 Cups of Flour
2 1/2 TSP of Baking Powder
1/2 TSP of Salt (If wanted.... Fun Fact... I never use salt in my baking)

FROSTING
1lb of Powdered Sugar
1/2 TSP of vanilla
1 1/2 TBSP of Milk
2 TSP of Butter (melted)

1. Cream together butter (melted), eggs, milk, sugar and vanilla.

2. In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt (if wanted).

3. Combine wet mixture with dry mixture.

4. Refrigerate 15 minutes to an hour.

5. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

6. Flour everything.

7. Cut using cookie cutters or other shapes.

8. Bake for 9 minutes.

9. Remove from pan and allow to cool.

10. For frosting, combine vanilla, milk and melted butter.

11. Slowly add powdered sugar until frosting has reached desired consistency.

12. Frost and decorate cookies.



ENJOY!


No comments:

Post a Comment