Saturday, July 4, 2015

DAY 1400... AMERICA the BEAUTIFUL

The 4th of July is my FAVORITE holiday for so many different reasons!


4 years ago on the 4th of July, this happened....


And now, here we are 4 years later with 2 beautiful children and an amazing life!


We definitely hit up the parade, because Aniston is a wee bit obsessed. That girl cleaned up in the candy department! She always gets a sweet hook up from the cheerleaders which we love! It was rather hot though. Thank goodness for otter pops and squirt guns! And can we talk about how amazing Uncle Ryan is? He stood out in the hot sun with Aniston and Cortney the entire time!




The local news was interviewing people about why they love America, and when they asked me, I literally burst into tears because of how much I love this country. Seriously though. I cry every time I hear the National Anthem. This was kind of an issue when I was coaching and was attending 4 basketball games a week and I was always crying. Those high school kids surely thought I was insane. Anyway, around 11 that night I got this text:


Cool. I was able to watch it later that night and they totally edited my interview and I sounded crazy! I wish I could find it again to post it on here, but I haven't had any luck. Oh well. I'm sure no one else really saw it. And should I really be ashamed that I have such a deep and intense love for the country I live in? Definitely not.

Aniston learned how respect for the flag and placing her hand on her heart. AMAZING!


Aniston LOVED the State Farm Bears! They would dance and all she could talk about was dancing with them.


Benson enjoyed loving on Kim and was kind of wiped out by the heat, poor baby.



Since we had Aniston's birthday party on the 4th of July, it was an insane day, but I wouldn't miss dressing up my beautiful babies in red, white and blue!


I am so grateful that I am able to live in a country where I can say what I want to say, and be who I want to be. I'm grateful that I can practice the religion that I choose and that my children have all these amazing opportunities to live their dreams and fulfill their deepest desires. This country has blessed my life so much! I am truly grateful to be an American!


No comments:

Post a Comment