Monday, June 15, 2015

Monday Munchies... Baked Salmon with an Avocado Mash

Sadly, I am not a lover of eating fish. I have never loved liked the fishy smell the seems to linger for hours or the fishy taste that never ever seem to leave your mouth. It's a shame because my Dad owns property in Alaska and once a year (usually) brings back hundreds of pounds of fresh salmon.


I always hear about how good salmon is for you to eat and I really wanted to give it a shot again. So I found these at Sam's Club...


THEY ARE FANTASTIC!!!!! So bring on the Salmon recipes...

SHOPPING LIST:
Salmon
1 large avocado
1/2 of a red onion
1/4 cup of cilantro
2 Limes
Salt
Pepper

1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

2. Chop red onion and cilantro and mix together in a small bowl.


3. Cut up avocado and add to the onion and cilantro.

4. Mix and mash well.

5. Add the juice of the 2 limes to the avocado mixture. In my opinion, the more juice the better. Limes have a way of adding amazing flavor to pretty much anything!

6. Refrigerate mixture.

7. Cook Salmon. I baked mine at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.

8. Once salmon is cooked plate and top with mixture.


ENJOY!!!

Seriously, it's so simple and insanely delicious. It looks a little questionable, I get that, but it really is amazing! My husband has requested this dish at least once a week and in my book that's a win! I could hardly even taste the fish taste at all! Two fins up for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment