So, a few months ago, we went over to a friends house and she made something similar to this. It was delicious and amazing and we knew we would want to eat it again! I have twerked it a bit and have made it several times and it's so good. And pretty healthy! Plus it has jalapenos in it which makes any dish AMAZING! We are a spicy eating kind of family.
- 2 slices of cooked and crumbled Turkey Bacon (I cook mine then use kitchen scissors to cut it up)
- 2 LARGE Jalapenos (adding the seeds adds more spice)
- 3oz of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese
- 6 skinless boneless Chicken Breasts
- 1/2 cup Italian Breadcrumbs
- 2 Limes
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
2. Cover chicken with plastic wrap and use a meat tenderizer to flatten chicken. This makes it easier to roll once the chicken has been filled with the stuffing. This also helps the chicken to cook quickly and evenly.
3. Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
4. Mix softened cream cheese, cheddar cheese, chopped jalapeno and bacon in a bowl.
5. Add a scoop of the mixture on each chicken breast, and roll. Secure the hold with a toothpick.
6. In one bowl, pour breadcrumbs. In another bowl mix olive oil, the juice of the 2 limes and salt and pepper.
7. Dunk chicken roll into liquid mixture, then into breadcrumbs. Place chicken onto a baking sheet sprayed with Pam.
8. Cook for 20 minutes.
I really like to use the smaller boneless skinless chicken tenders, Tyson makes some great sized ones, because it makes the chicken rolls smaller, easier to eat, and they cook very evenly.