Saturday, June 27, 2015

DAY 1394.... Aniston's 3 Year Old Pictures

I am a little bit hesitant to share these pictures with you all, and admitting that I was the one who took them. Last time I took pictures for someone, and they were shared, a person, who I thought was a "friend" said some really rude things about my pictures and it really hurt me. I never claim to be a professional. I have never charged for taking pictures, I take them because I like to take pictures and it saves me money. But I like my pictures and I want to celebrate my Aniston Kate through these pictures, so I am pushing aside any worries and thoughts that I may have about the judgement they will receive and putting them out there because I am happy with them. And does it really matter what anyone else thinks?

Aniston was born July 5th, 2012 at 10:33pm. This year it is such a crazy time with the 4th of July and summer happening, family coming into town (so EXCITED) and (another) Mickey Mouse Birthday Party and because I will probably go overboard with pictures next weekend, I figured that I could share these a week early and still be able to get away with it. 

Aniston is insanely stubborn. If she doesn't want to smile, she will not smile. But even with her stubbornness I was able to get a few good shots of her.

I did spread the photo shoots over a couple weeks in hopes that she would deliver better pictures. She can only hold up for about 30 minutes, and that's including bribes. She is a smart girl and is kind of over bribes. Sucks for me.

We went to the sand dunes for one shoot and I had bought 3 beautiful big pink balloons. You'll notice there are no pictures with the balloons in them. The second I handed them to my sassy girl, she let them go. The first 100 pictures I took of her after that definitely reflected my anger and annoyance and didn't turn out at all. But I was able to calm myself down after Aniston walked up to me, put her small hand on my arm and said, "I'm sorry I let the pink balloons go Mom. I won't do that ever again." Who can resist a child's apology? Oh well.

Could these pictures have turned out way better if I had had someone else take them? Of course! I am still very much learning about photography and editing (still have pretty much no idea about editing), but it is what it is. I paid a lot of money for a nice camera so I best use it. And who better to use it on than my beautiful children? I paid for her 1 year old and 2 year old pictures, and even though I absolutely loved them, I felt like I could take them and they would mean just a little bit more to Aniston someday because her Mom took them. At least I hope that's the case.

I am satisfied with these pictures and I hope that Aniston will be too. I know I love to look back at my pictures from when I was little, and so my hope is for Aniston to look back at these someday and just love them as much as I love my pictures that I have of my younger self.

So here are Aniston's 3 year old pictures.























PS - If anyone has any amazing editing blogs or info that they would like to pass along, I really would love to learn more. I feel overwhelmed with the amount of information out there that I just don't know where to start. I use Corel Paintshop if that means anything and would like to learn more about that specific program as opposed to being told to buy something else. Those programs are not cheap. THANKS!

No comments:

Post a Comment