Sunday, June 21, 2015

DAY 1388... Celebrating Dad's


Children do not get to pick their Dad's, so I took my job as a future Mom to choose the father of my children very seriously. It's makes sense right? I was 25 and LDS when I got married. Pretty unusual. Well, I think I did pretty darn good! Listen, I'm not going to pretend that our life is perfect and that we agree 100% in our parenting styles, because that would be lying and I would rather be honest. Although we have disagreements when it comes to raising children at times, we lose our patience with our children more than we probably should and we sometimes let them cry it out a little longer than is necessary, we try our hardest to be good parents. And Spencer definitely is a good parent.


My children have a FANTASTIC Dad! He tries hard to make sure that even though he has an insane school schedule that he is making time for them. He gets down on the floor and plays with both of them every single day. He has a weekly date to the movies with Aniston and has daily "man time" with Benson.


The kids will definitely remember all the fun time he spends playing with them and making them laugh, but they probably won't remember how darn hard he is working right now to make sure that they both have an AMAZING future! He isn't home often and spends hours doing homework, but he isn't doing it for himself or for me really. He is doing it for our children and I couldn't think of anything more selfless.

We wanted to make sure that he knew how much we appreciate him so we got him a membership to the PDGA (professional disc golf association), Ani picked out this book for him (LOVE IT - highly recommend it... although I highly recommend anything that involved Jimmy Fallon), we got him a Super Brella for the lake as well as a few other things here and there. I have always made him a homemade card, since his very first Father's Day, and this year we included the picture at the top of the post in it this year. Seriously, my children have the most ticklish feet on the planet! How those people on pinterest made this look like a simple easy picture is beyond me.... Oh well. It works I guess.







I LOVE holidays and I love that we have a day to celebrate our Dad's! I try my hardest to celebrate him every day and hopefully he realizes that. He really is s great guy! 

I was able to take a few pictures a few weeks ago of my hubby and his babies and I just LOVE them!






Speaking of great guys, my Dad is one for the books! He is INCREDIBLE! I'm pretty sure that one reason that it took me so long to get married is because it was really hard to even come close to finding a guy that measured up to his greatness. He is brilliant, handy, so smart and so kind. I haven't always understood his greatness, but it's so completely obvious to me now. I don't think that I have ever met a man that truly makes sense all of the time, but he does. He is so BRILLIANT! Thank you Dad for being so amazing and such a good dad and teacher to me!!! I love you so so much!



Also thanks for being the BEST Papa around! My kids sure do love you!


Happy Father's Day to all the Dad's in my life, but especially to these two! I couldn't ask for ANYTHING better. Seriously I am incredibly blessed!

I'm off to prepare ribs, garlic mashed potatoes and corn for Spencer and to drop off the Future Father's day gifts I made for all of our tenants.


HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment