Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday Munchies... Chicken Taquitos


I LOVE Mexican food, and that's definitely an understatement.

And since I love the crock pot, Mexican Food + Crock pot = one happy me!

This recipe doesn't always look the best while it's cooking, but it is HEAVEN in your mouth!!!

SHOPPING LIST
4 Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
1 tsp. Chili Powder
1 tsp. Garlic Powder
1 tsp. Cumin
Salt
Pepper
1 Package of Cream Cheese
1/3 Cup of Water
Shredded Cheese
6 Flour Tortillas
1/2 Cup of Chopped Cilantro
2 Chopped Tomatoes
1/2 Chopped White Onion

1. Combine Chicken Breasts, chili powder, garlic powder cumin, salt and pepper to taste, softened cream cheese and water (I know... kind of weird), in crock pot and cook on low for 8 hours.


2. 20 minutes before the food is ready, open crock pot and shred chicken. Stir well and allow to finish cooking.

3. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

4. Place 1/2 cup of mixture in the middle of each tortillas. These are my favorite!


5. Top mixture with cheese and roll tightly.



6. Bake for 10 minutes.

7. Serve with topping mixture of cilantro, tomatoes and white onion or really whatever you want!

ENJOY!

I absolutely love eating these with a large salad topped with the remainder of the topping mixture. HEAVEN in my mouth! Seriously delicious!



No comments:

Post a Comment