Monday, August 17, 2015

Monday Munchies... Winger's Chicken




I love eating out.

I do not love eating out with children all the time. It's way harder to eat when you bring kids... at least it's harder to eat your food when it's hot. But when do mom's ever get to eat hot food right? Or, let's be honest, when do Mom's even get to eat at all? I feel like a majority of my meals are eaten while I'm hiding in the bathroom or in my closet. It is what it is.

One of my old friends gave me this amazingly simple recipe before I got married and it rocked my socks off!

When Spencer and I were first married, we ate this meal 2-3 times a week. Then Aniston was born and we didn't have it anymore because we got sick of it. So 3 years later we have reintroduced ourselves to it and we are once again OBSESSED!

SHOPPING LIST:
Popcorn Chicken (the only place I can ever find this is at Walmart and even then sometimes it's just not there. I always stock up and buy 3 or 4 packages when I can find it. Thank goodness for chest freezers right?)
3 Tbsp Frank's Hot Sauce
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
2 Tbsp Water
Rice (white or brown... you choose)
Shredded Cheese (optional, but exceptional if added)

1. Cook rice according to the package.

2. Cook chicken according to the package. (haha... tough recipe)


3. Combine Frank's Hot Sauce, brown sugar and water into a small pot and bring to a boil on the stove top.


4. Put chicken on top of rice, and pour sauce over all.

5. Top with cheese if desired (who wouldn't desire this?)

ENJOY!!!


I will give you a heads up... the sauce is a little spicy. A lot of sauce can go a long way for sure! My 3 year old loves this meal, minus the sauce.

This is so simple and so easy and of course delicious!

If you wanted to lower your carb intake, I'm sure grilled chicken would taste just as delicious as the popcorn chicken does.

A cool refreshing salad paired with this spicy hot meal is PERFECTION!

No comments:

Post a Comment