Friday, August 7, 2015

Family Fun Friday... Teton Vu Drive-In

Who doesn't like the drive-in?!?!

Okay, I'll be honest. When I was around 5 years old, my Mom and my Aunt took us to the drive-in. We were so excited! It was our first time and the whole concept of an outside movie was amazing! We were there to watch 101 Dalmatians, but it was one of the drive-in's that had multiple screens and showed multiple movies at the same time. Well, we had one of those sweet Subaru's that had rear facing seats in the very back. I was a genius and sat there and instead of watching the magical movie of 101 prancing puppies I watched a Chucky movie. It was one of the most terrifying and horrifying experiences of my life and it didn't even have sound! I watched Chucky, with the background sound of 101 Dalmatians. The picture alone was enough to give me nightmares for years! I'm sure that it has had some kind of lasting effect on my life. Maybe it's why I don't really love dogs? Although, I did marry a ginger... Whatever though, it was awful!

Since then however, all of my drive-in experiences have been a thousand times better! Except for last summer, when I was super pregnant in a tiny car. Who thought that was a good idea?

It does freak me out when someone walks right next to your car during the movie. I always keep the doors locked, but I think that comes from having watched too many scary movies in my lifetime.

Rexburg doesn't have much... We don't even have a Super Walmart (one is being built), but we do have a drive-in! Aniston calls it the outside movie and always asks if we are seeing the Minon movie because that was the first movie we saw at the drive in that she remembers.


I love having a van for this kind of thing! It was perfect! We have stow and go seats, so we laid down the middle chairs and made a bed for Ani. Benson loved it too. (Spencer is obsessed with his lion blanket. It's kind of like those blankets you find a Tijuana.)


We usually get to the drive-in about an hour early. Mainly because we live in a college town and it's always packed! So we have a lot of time to kill... Ani will usually play in the rocks. She loves rocks.


Throw a football around with Dad.


This particular night, she would squat down and then pop up and stand like this with her hands on the back window when someone would walk by. Okay.... So she's going to be that kind of child. Haha.


Benson did his best to look bored during the wait.


It's always fun when complete strangers come by and ask to hold your baby because he is just so darn cute. They were super nice people!


Daddy spent his time snuggled Benny Boo. Love these two!


And Mama got her popcorn. I LOVE this popcorn!!!


Overall, it was a BLAST! I love that they have a double feature, even though I usually fall asleep during the second movie, but I love having options! Definitely a good family time! (Ani had to make sure to show you all that she had DOTS for her movie candy).


Sorry about the crappy iPhone pictures again.

No comments:

Post a Comment