Monday, September 28, 2015

Monday Munchies... No Bake Cookies



I am definitely more of a salty food kind of gal as opposed to sugary food kind of gal.

But every now and then I just need something sugary and amazing.

Usually this happens late at night.

Growing up my Mom would make killer no bake cookies, and lucky for me, they are amazingly simple to make and usually I have everything that I need in my cupboards so I can make them at 2am without wishing we had a store open past 6pm in Rexburg to buy ingredients. (Yes, that's an exaggeration, but the only thing 24 hours here in Rexburg is McDonalds. This became an issue when it came to pregnancy cravings late at night or early in the morning. Boo.)

SHOPPING LIST
1 1/2 cup of Quick-Bake Oatmeal
1/2 cup of Coconut (optional)
3/4 cups of Sugar
1/4 cup of Milk
1/4 cup of Butter
3 tbsp of Chocolate Cocoa Powder

1. In a pot, mix together sugar, butter, milk and cocoa.

2. Bring to a boil, constantly stirring.

3. Remove pot from heat and stir in oats and coconut.

4. Mix well.

5. Drop cookies onto wax paper, lined in a cookie sheet, and place in freezer.

6. Remove after 2 hours.

ENJOY!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment