Saturday, September 12, 2015

DAY 1468... We've Only Just Begun


It's only been 4 years?
We have only been married 4 years?
Isn't it crazy when you get married and you can't really ever remember anything about life before?
I seriously feel like my life now, is the life that I have always had, and more importantly the life that I was meant to have.

It's been a crazy 4 years!
We have moved 5 times
In 2 states
We had had 4 cars
We have gone through 3 years of school
Have graduated with 1 master's degree
We have had 2 kids
Countless jobs
Millions (literally... do the math) of midnight Taco Bell runs
and
Still no honeymoon.
Someday. Right?

Marriage is truly an incredible experience.
You are spending all day everyday with someone who you chose to be with.
You are spending time with someone who can make you happier than anything else
and can also make you more angry than you have ever imagined possible.


Marriage is an incredible experience.
The more I experience it, the more I understand why I needed to wait until I was 25 to start a marriage.

You cannot be selfish in marriage.
You cannot be dishonest in marriage.

It's so crazy to transition from everything just being about you, to every decision that you make now effects someone else either directly or indirectly. 
And once there are kids involved... forget about it.


There are times when I want to be selfish, and at times I probably have been.
I could blame it on the fact that I was older when I got married so I was more set in my ways.
There are a thousand different things I could blame it on, but in all honesty, it's just a flaw of mine.
Sometimes I have brief moments of weakness.

Marriage has taught me a lot.
I am learning to be more patient.
I am learning to say sorry.
I am learning to put others ahead of myself.
I am learning to compromise.
I am learning to love deeper than ever.
I am learning to respect.
I am learning to be open minded.
I am learning to communicate.
This list could go on and on...

I understand why people get divorced now.
It's an out when things get really tough, and let me tell you, things do get tough.
I will say that there are definitely times when divorce is okay,
but irreconcilable differences... BS.
Irreconcilable differences = laziness, impatience and selfishness
In my opinion.

Marriage is hard.
It takes time and effort and sometimes it's not fun.
But it is worth it.


Family is everything and I have had a blast the past for 4 years creating and loving on mine!


Happy 4 year anniversary to us!
9/10/11

Let's not forget our cute babies!


No comments:

Post a Comment