Wednesday, June 22, 2016

DAY 1751... Like a Broken Vessel

As someone who has been fighting mental illness,
and has battled depression and anxiety on a daily basis for more than half of my life,
I really appreciate this 11 minute video.


I have felt like I would never be happy again.
I have felt hopelessness.
I have felt completely alone.

But I really do believe that it does get better.
I know that it gets better because I have seen it in my own life.
Although I fight my mental illness every single day,
I have found ways to keep myself positive,
and avoid triggers that I know will get me down.

I will continue to endure.
I will continue to fight.
Even if it lasts for the rest of my life,
which it probably will,
I know that it gets better and I know that I have the ability and the resources to fight it.

To anyone struggling today,
right now,
in this moment.
I promise,
it does get better,

I have been that person with thoughts of ending my life.
I have been that person with no hope and no happiness.
But I couldn't be more thankful that I held on,
that I worked hard to make it through another day,
because it got better!
It got better than I ever could have imagined it would!
My life is not perfect,
and my thoughts are not perfect,
and I know it will never be easy,
but it does get better!

You are not alone.
You can get through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment