Friday, June 3, 2016

DAY 1728... Memorial Day Weekend

I just love holidays!
Especially holidays where we get to celebrate our freedom and those who fight for our freedom.
We really are so blessed to live in a country were we have religious freedoms,
freedom of speech,
the right to bear arms.
Although,
there have been times lately where I feel as though our grip on on freedoms,
the entire basis that this country was founded on,
are being stripped from us,
we still have more freedoms than so many others.

On Sunday,
we packed up and headed to the 1000 Flag Memorial set up in Freeman Park.








It worked out perfectly because Freeman is also home to a disc golf course so everyone was happy.
Aniston worked hard on her throw...






Aniston has also become obsessed with climbing trees lately,
so we got a little of that in as well.






Benson was pretty upset that there were no baby swings...

The kids LOVED all the flags.
There was a gentle wind which was perfect!
My brother Jake,
who is currently serving a mission in Scotland,
taught Aniston to always yell "America Yeah!" whenever she saw an American flag.
She does this every time without fail.
While we were at Freeman she taught Benson to say "Yeah!" after she yelled "America."
It was pretty great.





Of course we played a little soccer...
Our latest obsession.



Our Memorial day started with a fantastic e-mail from Elder Kinville.


Seriously,
how perfect is this picture?
Love our missionary!
My e-mail reading was followed by a 3 mile run,
and then we headed off to Idaho Falls for a bike ride on the green belt with some friends.
We only ended up going 5.5 miles.
By the end my kids were screaming and not happy.


Pretty sure everyone we passed were judging us as the worst parents ever.
Oh well...
You win some and you lose some I guess.



We followed our gorgeous bike ride with some Panera Bread.
I had never eaten there before and now I am officially hooked!
So is Aniston.



We were all pretty beat after our day in the sun,
so we came home and napped it up.
Naps seriously are the BEST!

Dinner was a BBQ at my parents house.
I definitely loaded up 2 plates,
maybe more,
and ate like a 14 year old boy!


It was really nice to be able to spend the day with my family,
and to teach my little's about another holiday.
This one was a little harder for Aniston to understand.
She gets a little uncomfortable when we talk to her about death,
but opportunities to teach her,
means an opportunity for her to grow.

I think that my favorite part of the weekend was watching the pride that Aniston has for her country.
She is only 3!
But she knows how amazing it is to be a part of this country already.


No one close to me has died while serving my country,
but I know that there are many others who have not been blessed in that way.
Although,
those families may consider it a blessing the way that their loved one died.
Serving their country.
Protecting our rights.
Death is always difficult,
but what an honorable way to die.
I appreciate their sacrifice more than I know how to express.

I am so proud to be an American!


No comments:

Post a Comment