Sunday, December 15, 2013

DAY 845... When You Forget (kind of) Your Kid

I have not had one of those parenting moments where I have forgotten Aniston somewhere... yet. I don't think that this means that you're a bad parent, I think it just means that you have a lot going on and sometimes our minds just don't work the way that we want them to.

I woke up this morning with a terrible headache and nausea. I blame it on a terrible nights sleep thanks to Kate Hudson killing my entire family in my dreams, and finals. I was so dizzy that all I wanted to do was to sleep. Aniston does not permit this so needless to say we missed the beginning of church this morning. I always feel guilty when I miss church, it's just fact. Plus I really love to dress Aniston up. Sunday's are one of her high fashion days.  But it turned out that we needed to miss the first half of church for a reason. around 10am our doorbell started ringing like crazy! We had no idea who it could have been. When we opened the door, one of our neighbors kids was there, in his pajamas and bawling his eyes out. It was freezing outside and apparently his parents had left him at home in all of the hustle and bustle of getting to church on time with 3 kids and a pregnant mom. We had him come in and had him pick out a movie to watch and just made him comfortable. His Dad came back shortly, and apparently they intentionally left him home but forgot to tell him they were leaving. Yeah, I don't understand that either, but I am glad that we were able to be at home for that little boy when he was scared and crying and pretty cold.

Speaking of kids, I ran across this commercial on Facebook and I am pretty sure every new parent can relate! LOVE IT!

Go hug your kids and let them know you love them and love being their parent!

No comments:

Post a Comment