Wednesday, May 15, 2013

DAY 616... It's Gonna Be Good

Do you ever start something new and you just know that it's going to be insanely amazing without hesitation? Well... I have.

It's always hard to start a new season as a coach. Your team is different, you lost a lot of amazing talent, you don't know everyone on the team well, and things overall just tend to have a different feeling then it has than the year before. It can be tough. It always seems as though you just won't ever have as good of a team as you had in the past.

Yesterday was our first cheer practice of the new season, my first practice as a head coach, and my 4th 1st practice as a cheerleading coach.

IT. WAS. INSANE.

I am lucky enough to be a part of Madison's first cheerleading team with stuntmen. We always had stuntmen when I was in high school and I knew that we needed that here. I thought that it would put us over the top... And I was right!!!

All of the girls and my 3 gentlemen had such positive attitudes! The energy was great, there was no division or separation between Varsity and JV, and the things we accomplished blew my mind. I was hoping that the practice would be good, but I had no idea that it would be THIS good.

It was one of those things where you left the practice thinking that you could accomplish anything and everything! I was on cloud 9!

I can already tell that this year, even though it is different, it is a smaller team, and things have changed...
It's Gonna Be Good!!!!

SO EXCITED!!!! GO BOBCATS!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment