Sunday, May 5, 2013

DAY 606... Saying Goodbye

Ughhhhhh. I really don't want to write about this because it means that I will spend the next 3 hours bawling my eyes out while my 10 month old stares at me like I'm crazy.

So the plan was to drive Spencer to Coeur d'alene, Idaho and then drive all the way back with Aniston by myself. This is a 7.5 hour drive... one way. So late Friday night we decided to check flights and Southwest had an amazing deal which would make the trip cheaper than us driving. So we booked the flight and drove to Salt Lake City instead. I knew that I could handle a 3.5 drive with the baby child by myself. We had a wonderful last few days together as a family. We I made sure to take tons of pictures!






Ani got crazy about halfway through the trip so I got to sit with her in the backseat. I am amazed by her range of emotions! The picture in the middle, her fat face, is probably my FAVORITE!!!

We got to see some family and friends while we were down there and that ALWAYS makes a trip better. Especially such a downer trip.

I got to see this super cute girl who I coached 3 years ago! Love her!!!!

Aniston fell asleep in the car and just wanted to sleep on Daddy during dinner. So stinking cute!



I'm so glad that we were able to get a few pictures of the three of us, even though Aniston wasn't super cooperative. I think that she could sense something was happening.

Aniston is sure gonna miss playing with her Daddy and scaring the heck out of Mom....

It was sad knowing this was our last morning waking up with each other for a while.
Ani loved that this room had a crib and Mom and Dad's bed in the same room so she didn't have to yell to get our attention from her own room... She spent some quality time staring at us through the crib bars.


I knew it was going to be tough to say goodbye, but I didn't figure I would spend the entire drive home crying about it. The actual part of walking away from him and leaving him in the security line was the worst! As we got onto the moving walkway there was a UPS man sitting on a ledge and Aniston just waved at him so he smiled at us... I was too overwhelmed with emotions and failed to smile back through my tears. Sorry UPS man.
Aniston was a doll and slept almost the entire drive home! I needed that blessing and am so grateful for it. As sad that I am about my awesome hubby being away, I am grateful for a beautiful daughter who will get to keep me company for the next 3 months. She is AWESOME!

We can't wait to skype and facetime with Dad! We are going to send him pictures daily of course! I cannot believe how sad and overwhelmed I feel already about this. He is so helpful and just a wonderful partner! I hope the next three months goes by quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment