Friday, February 19, 2016

My Favorite Things... Mind, Body and Spirit

I have been exposed to so many amazing new things lately.
Things that have blessed and changed my life.
This is my way of sharing those things with you and hoping they may change yours as well.

MIND

My mind is a crazy jungle of a mess.
But every now and then I am able to find a way to calm it down.

Meditation helps.

Don't judge me by this one,
Because I know it seems a little crazy.

But Oprah has this amazing meditation program.
The program lasts 21 days,
And really helped me to calm my mind and relax me,
Especially before bed.

This nice thing is that there are different programs,
for different aspects of life.
Everyone is different so one program would not be sufficient for everyone.

You can check out the different programs here.

BODY

Okay...
If you're a dude you might want to skip over this one.
Ya...
You'll definitely want to skip over this one.

It's no secret that I suffer from really painful cramps and just the worst periods.
PERIOD!
I truly hate it.
The pain is so bad that I throw up,
and I tend to remain in the fetal position for most of the week.
But ain't no one got time for that.
Especially between working,
single parenting,
and everything else in life.
There just isn't time to be sick like that for an entire week every stinking month!

About 5 months ago I ordered a Diva Cup.
I read an article online about them and I was curious.
I seriously was going through a large box (36 count) of super absorbent tampons a period,
bleeding through,
ruining clothes and everything.
It sucked.

The Diva Cup has changed my life!

Super weird to get use to at first.
Really
really
weird.

But I have never bled through once in 5 months.
It's comfortable enough to exercise,
swim,
do anything when it's in.
I never feel it.
You can leave it in for 12 hours.
I typically change it every 8-10 hours.
It's easy to clean and to use.

It can be a little time consuming at first,
But it doesn't take long to adjust to.

I'M OBSESSED!!!

I never thought I would be shouting from the rooftops about a feminine hygiene product.

But with all this talk about the tampon tax,
this is the answer!!!!

LOVE IT!!!!

Check them out on Amazon here.

SPIRIT

I have read through the Book of Mormon several times.
I have even used study guides and other helps in order to gain more from my study.

But this study guide,
by far,
has been the best thing!

It isn't boring,
or dull.
It keeps you engaged,
and more importantly,
it keeps you asking questions you may have never considered,
and has helped me see and understand the Book of Mormon in an entirely new light.

I actually feel really excited to study my scriptures at night,
and for that I am so thankful!


Check it out here.

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! Meditation is something I need to work on. Jacob used to be in a meditation group on campus and loved it. I love how peaceful he felt so I'm excited to check out the programs you linked to. Yes, yes, yes to the cup. I bought one originally for my 72 hour kit, but started using it. It's seriously so amazing! My periods are only a few days long now compared to 8, my cramping is milder, and even Jacob has expressed how less moody I am. I swear by them! And I've heard awesome stuff about the study guide! My sisters family uses it. I'll have to check it out. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa!!! I was a little nervous posting about the cup, but IT IS LIFE CHANGING!!!!!

      Delete