Monday, November 23, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude... Days 16-22

DAY 16


I am thankful for Musicals. Especially Les Miserables and Sweeney Todd. I grew up watching musicals every Sunday with my family. Fiddler on the Roof, Sound of Music, Seven Brides for Seven Brothers, the list could really go on and on. My youngest brother recently performed in Mary Poppins at his High School and I was able to take Aniston Kate to her first musical. She did AMAZING! All 4 hours amazing! Pretty good for a 3 year old. And everyday since, we have watched Mary Poppins on DVD. Aniston has firmly stated however, that she prefers the stage version. Musicals are AMAZING! I love music and I love movies, to mix them is amazing! There are certain things that can really only be said through song.

DAY 17


I am thankful for super supportive parents. These pictures are taken 11 years apart. The top is during my senior year in 2004, and the bottom is during my brothers junior year taken 2005. I am the oldest child and he is the youngest. My parents are constantly going out of their way to make sure that they support us in everything that we do. They attended every game I cheered at, even those that took place hours away. They go watch my brother at his performances at least once, if not more. My parents have worked very hard to make sure that we were able to do everything that we set our hearts out to do. I hope that I can do the same for my own children.

DAY 18


I am thankful for questionable parenting skills. It sure does make our life much more interesting and exciting. Sometimes we put of children on top of the fridge and have them jump off to us. It builds character and diminishes fear... right?

DAY 19


I am so thankful for my Gilbert. We have been friends for 17 years and I couldn't ask for a better friends! I do not make friends easily. I am very particular and picky. I don't like to waste time or effort. Frankly, true friends are really hard to come by. Gilbert has been there through so much! She is so inspiring and amazing! I am so thankful for her friendship.

DAY 20


I am thankful for imagination. Most days Aniston changes who she is at least 5 times. She goes from a monster, to a princess, to a puppy, to the 7 dwarfs, to so many other options that I didn't even know that she knew about. It always keeps my days exciting and it's so fascinating to me to see what she will come up with next.

DAY 21


I am thankful for stores, like Old Navy, who provide something to entertain my children while I shop. Aniston can only shop for so long, but she could color for days. it was refreshing to see a store put family first.

DAY 22


I am thankful for Spencer. Poor guy is so tired from working so hard, but I know that his hard work will pay off. He does so much for our family. Most nights I am already asleep by the time he comes to bed because he is working on homework or working around the complex. Everything he does, he does it so that our little family can have a better life. He is such a good kind father. Our children adore him. It will be a long 4 months without him next year, but I know that everything that he will be doing while he is gone, will greatly bless our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment