Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Attitude of Gratitude... Days 23-30

DAY 23


I am thankful for new experiences. Aniston has never had a haircut, nor do I ever have any intention of cutting her hair. But Benson, he needed one badly and I figured we could do it before he turned 1. It was probably one of the most terrifying experiences ever! I didn't sleep the night before, I was so sick the morning of, and it was just awful! It turned out fantastic though! He looks so grown up! New experiences really help us to learn and grow to and overcome fears that we have. With every new experience, we become so much stronger and I am so thankful for that.

DAY 24


I am thankful for Aniston. The past year has been such a BIG year for her. So much has changed! She went from being an only child to a big sister, she started school, she started dance and gymnastics, we moved and through it all she has exceeded my expectations. She is seriously the BEST big sister ever. The love that she shows towards Benson is amazing and inspiring! She has grown so much! While my sister was here over the holiday she commented on how much older and smarter she seemed, and how much she has changed in 5 months. She is an amazing daughter and she is an amazing person.

DAY 25


I am thankful for Benson. Having a second baby was terrifying for me. I didn't know how it would impact my life, and because I tend to think negative often, I thought the worst of the situation. But really, it has been the best thing! I couldn't imagine my life without him. He is so smart, observant, funny and lovable. The past year of my life has been perfection with him in our family and I really couldn't ask for anything more.

DAY 26



I am thankful for a family who knows and understands food as much as I do. I LOVE food. And I know that my obsession and feelings for food are unhealthy and probably needs some attention in order to correct that relationship. But I just love it and I'm so glad that my family also loves food.

DAY 27


I am thankful for my family. I remember the days that I use to pray to get married and to be a mom. I was young. Really young. And my prayers remained unanswered and that was really hard for me. I didn't understand what was wrong with me. Now, I can look back and see that there was nothing wrong with me. My Heavenly Father knew what was best for me and that I needed to wait for my family. And I am so thankful for that. It was really hard, but I couldn't ask for anything more and I am so thankful for that.

DAY 28


I am thankful for service. Being able to teach my children about service has been an amazing adventure. I love to give service, but, for me, it is really hard to accept service. It is a weakness that I am currently and forever working on. I have personally seen the blessings that service can offer and I am so thankful that I understand and know how service can bless my life.

DAY 29


I am thankful for missionaries. My younger brother is currently serving a mission in the Scotland/Ireland mission, and although we miss him like crazy, he is having the best time ever. My Mom was set apart this week as a service missionary and will be teaching special needs youth seminary and I am so excited for her. She will be fantastic and it will be such a crazy amazing blessing to have 2 missionaries serving in our family!

DAY 30


I am thankful for Amazon. We live in such a small community and there are times where we cannot find certain things. Like the movie Jingle All The Way. We literally went to 5 different stores and no one had it. No one! Lucky for me I was able to get on Amazon and order it and it will be on my doorstep in 2 days. FANTASTIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment