Friday, October 10, 2014

Mommy Tip... The Ultimate Stain Fighter

You know you're a Mom when you get super excited about finally discovering a mixture for stain removal and the first thing you think about is writing a blog to share it! What a nerd!

So recently we received a bounce chair for baby brother, however, it was used and had some gnarly stains. I wasn't sure that I wanted to keep it or not, but I decided to do some Pinterest research and give the stain removal a shot before giving up on it completely. We also had an issue with Aniston's high chair. Seriously my child is the messiest eater ever and she has these big white polka dots on her high chair that were not so white anymore. Over the past year they had become pretty stained and I was a little embarrassed when people would come over that it looked so gross. So I spent a good little while on Pinterest and found what I thought would be the best recipe.

All you need is....

1 cup of Hydrogen Peroxide
1/2 cup of Baking Soda
1/2 cup of blue Dawn Dish-washing Soap


Seriously so simple!


I then scrubbed the material on the high chair and bounce chair with generous amounts of the stain fighting mixture and let it sit for an hour. After an hour I put the bounce chair cover in the wash and washed like normal laundry and then I wiped down the high chair. The results were AMAZING!


Before is on the left and after on the right. You can see the difference! Her chair looks like new and I am one happy momma! I haven't used this mixture on clothing yet, but I hear it works just as well. I bottled the left over mixture and put it in our laundry room along with a scrubber so that I can no longer be afraid of dressing Aniston is a certain outfit because of what we are eating. Yes, I am that mom who's toddler wear white pants. I can't help it.


White pants on a toddler are adorable!!!! I'm also super excited that I discovered this helpful tip before brother comes because poop stains and spit up stains are the WORST when it comes to newborn clothes! I and love my babies in a little white onesie! Seriously, so simple and beyond adorable!


Now I no longer have to worry about that!

Oh how life has changed from the single days...

1 comment:

  1. My daughter just started on baby food in the last few months so I have been looking for a good stain remover! I'll have to try this soon, hopefully it works.

    ReplyDelete