Monday, October 6, 2014

Monday Munchies... Fajita Quesadillas

I am a mom on the go. I am 32 weeks pregnant, working, homeschooling a preschooler and have a husband who is a full time college student. There's just not a lot of time to prepare wonderful masterpieces for dinner. I am constantly searching and hunting for quick, easy and delicious recipes.

I LOVE Mexican food. Hands down my favorite food ever! Fajitas is one of our quick go to meals that we always enjoy. So when I found this recipe for Fajita Quesadillas I could not resist attempting to make them.

End result: OBSESSED!!!

So simple and so delicious!

SHOPPING LIST:
1 Red Pepper
1 Green Pepper
1 White Onion
Tortillas
Shredded Cheese
Protein of your choice
Fajita seasoning
Sour Cream (optional)

Cut up protein into strips for fajitas. Cook protein on the stove. Add sliced up veggies once meat is cooked. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Seriously.... Isn't this such a beautiful sight? I just love the vibrant colors!!!


Add fajita seasoning according to packet instructions.

Heat up your Foreman grill at 425 degrees. I purchased this sucker about 9 years ago for $10 on clearance and it's still treating me well. I'm sure there are numerous ways to make quesadillas, but we like them nice and crisp on the Foreman Grill. Our green counter tops are killer!


Fill half a tortilla with fajita mixture and top generously with cheese. Fold tortilla in half and place on the grill for 2-4 minutes.


Cut and ENJOY!!!

I stuff our tortillas to the brim so when I make this dinner it makes 4 quesadillas, but they are thick and oozing with goodness!

We like to dip our quesadillas in sour cream, but I'm sure salsa would also be delicious.


Hooray for cheap and easy dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment