Saturday, February 22, 2014

Dear Aniston... Part 12

Dear Aniston,

I'm an honest person in general. I understand that sometimes this can come off as harsh, but to be honest just makes sense to me. I don't plan on doing anything but be honest with you your entire life. I may fib a little about Santa, the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy, but those are silly white lies that will make magic for you. Anyway, I'm gonna tell you a truth right now. People are mean. People will tell lies about you and they will make you feel terrible and guilty for decisions you make or for even just being yourself. It hurts when they do this. Sometimes it will hurt really bad. I still don't quite understand why people feel the need to judge others quite so harshly. I mean does it really matter if someone in town decided to have a baby in high school? Does that affect your life at all? No, it doesn't, so why should people spread rumors and lies about them? How is that your business? People get bored and think this will cure their boredom. Never get bored. Avoid this pitfall. You will be so much better off!

I am guilty at times of saying things about others that I shouldn't have. But I have learned from my mistakes and I have been on the other end of that stick. It is not a place that you want to be, I promise. I continue to see older women who spend every waking minute talking about others and spreading rumors and they are not the person I want to be or the type of person you should want to be either. You are better than that. I am better than that. To hurt others is to expose your own insecurities and you are stronger than that. You are amazing.

When you do start to feel down, and unfortunately that will happen, I want you to know that you can always come and lean on me. I will always be here to hold and to love on you! In fact, I want you to do that. I know that there may come a time where it doesn't seem super cool to go to your mom after a long day, but I will always be more than willing to be there just for you. I will drop anything and everything just to hold you! I know that you are busy. Even at 19 months you are often too busy to stop and take time to cuddle with your mom. But no matter how busy I get, I will be there for you. Side note: Always choose your awesome Mom before running into the arms of a boy. TRUST ME!!!


Remember that there is more to life than tearing down others. Think about how that would make you feel. Just be wise with your words. Be smart, be wise and always be yourself. But remember when you feel weak, your mom will always be here to hold you. I love you Ani Kate.

Love, Your Mom

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jennifer, My name Alex. I came by your letter while browsing and just wanted to say that this is an amazing letter! :) Definitely share this with daughter when she gets older. She will definitely appreciate it.

    P.S. As a guy absolutely make sure she doesn't run to a guy's arm first. With you with that one all the way. And your daughter is adorable. God Bless!

    http://www.alexramos-hbe.com/

    ReplyDelete