Wednesday, February 5, 2014

DAY 892-894... Birthday Weekend

My life is super crazy right now! I have a huge project for work due Friday, plus a new Afterschool session starting soon which is always craziness and I am going to Atlanta for 6 days next week for work. I don't even want to to think about being away from Aniston for that long! I have only spent 2 nights away from her and she was only .8 miles away at that point. I'm guessing there's gonna be a lot of facetiming and pictures sent via text. I've never been to Atlanta so that should be fun, but it's such a long time to be gone!

Anyway, so I'm 28. Whoop whoop. We spent my birthday weekend down in the good old SLC. Let's be honest here, my primary reason for going to Salt Lake was because everyone deserves to eat amazing food on their birthday and we definitely do not have that in Rexburg. I also happen to receive a free meal from Tucano's in the mail and you NEVER say no to free Tucano's. EVER! Aniston was absolutely wonderful on the drive there and back which was quite refreshing as I still consider her the world's worst traveler. This may or may not have been because the child is obsessed with Jamba and we happened to grab some for birthday breakfast before we left town. Now when I say she "loves" Jamba, this is not an understatement. She was chanting, "Jamba, Jamba, Jamba" while we were sitting in the drive through waiting for our smoothies. And then she preceded to drink not only her entire smoothie but also half of mine. I really don't think babies get brain freezes. If they do than Aniston is either an exception or she loves Jamba too much to care. It's probably the second option. She also entertained herself with her stuffed animals... there was a lot of kissing happening in our backseat this trip...



Aniston also LOVED Tucano's. 


Basically they had all her favorite foods from the buffet you know peas, olives and cheese. She attempted to eat a quail egg and that resulted in her throwing up, like legit adult throw up, and I had to catch it in my hands to stop it from spilling all over the floor and table and grossing out everyone else in the restaurant. Definitely the most disgusting thing I have ever experienced in my life. The joys of motherhood!



After lunch we hung out at the Gateway where Spencer bought my birthday present. We were lucky because Dick's had been sold out of my present for 3 weeks and just happen to get a shipment in that morning where there was only one that was my size and the color I wanted. L-U-C-K-Y D-U-C-K-Y! He got me the Fitbit Force. 


I am a wee bit obsessed! This sweet little contraption track my steps, how many miles I have gone that day, how many calories burned, how many flights of stairs I've climbed and how many active minutes I've had. It also tracks my sleep at night so that I can see how good, or in my case, not good I've been sleeping. I have had over 20 minutes of restless sleep every night so far. Not cool! It also wakes me up by vibrating. You can set any type of alarm through the app and it will vibrate to remind you. So much better than an obnoxious beeping. It also connects with Walgreens and for every mile I walk I get points towards my Walgreens rewards. It's a win-win situation with this puppy. I LOVE it! After enjoying the 30 degree weather outside (that's warm for us) for a while we headed over the Spencer's parents house and they took us to dinner.


Look how good Spencer's Dad looks! Such a miracle! Let's talk about my first experience with a Lime Rickey. OMG! I cannot even count how many of those bad boys we went through. Next on the birthday celebration tour we headed over to Yogurtland (Yum Yum Yum) to meet up with one of my old cheerleaders Sami. 




Oh I just love her!!!! I also love this little family of mine! They were the perfect bunch to spend my Birthday with!


The next morning we headed to the mall where Aniston insisted on riding the Zebra. This is one of her favorite words at the moment and she was thrilled to be able to ride on a "real" Zebra.


For lunch we headed to one of my all-time favorite places to eat in Utah... or anywhere for that manner, but they are only in Utah. The Philadelphian. 



This is a scary scary place. You think you would get hepatitis or something bad would happen to you while you were there, but that's because this place does it right. They don't worry about pleasing people with fancy decor or a nice establishment, they focus on the food. IT IS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!!!!! It is also inexpensive which is a bonus! My mouth is watering just thinking about it. If you live in the Salt Lake area and have not gone here... go!!! NOW! You will not regret it!



Later that day I met up with 4 of my other cheerleaders from my first year coaching and we caught up on life and ate delicious food of course (The Cheesecake Factory) and had a good time. These girls and Sami of course are some of my favorite people ever! We had some crazy rough times and one of these girl's and I had it out bad, like worst fight of my coaching experience, but we are friends. We have grown up and we respect each other. We have learned to say sorry. These girls haven grown up into such beautiful women and I never go down to Utah without seeing 1 or more of them. They may be 8-9 years younger than me, but they are my good friends and AWESOME people!!! I just love them!


 I also really love both of these people so much! They seriously make my world spin and give me so much to be thankful and happy for!

Aniston absolutely loved spending time with Grandma and Grandpa. I think the massages were her favorite thing!


On the drive home I may or may not have stolen Ani's boppy to use as a pillow....


This may or may not have resulted in her sleeping like this...


Good thing babies are flexible right?!?!

It was a GREAT birthday weekend and concluded with some Super Bowl action... or non action... But Spencer and I did get to attend our first Super Bowl party as a married couple! And yes, my hair does grow crazy fast.


And it also concluded on one of my favorite holidays!!! 


What a cute little groundhog! I hope you all had a fabulous weekend!!! It was definitely one I won't be forgetting anytime soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment