Sunday, September 15, 2013

DAY 756... Family Above All Else

When I was a teenager, I didn't really like the idea of putting family first all the time. I would have much rather spent time with my friends, at sporting events, with boys... you know the normal teenage girl kind of thing. Well this week more than ever I realized how much I would just rather be with my family than with anyone else.

I had probably the most difficult week I have had in a really long time. I honestly cannot remember the last time I felt so hurt, angry, depressed and low for such a long period of time. It didn't help that my poor little family, including myself, have just been so sick.
 Such a cute sick baby!

 But when it comes to my life, I don't have time to be sick. And that's okay, I'm not complaining at all! We are so blessed that I have two jobs that I enjoy and that I make good money doing them. It is hard working 60 hour weeks and going to school and being a mom, but it is doable! Having a fantastic hubby helps A LOT too!

Spencer and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on Tuesday. We were married at 8am on 9-10-11. I have this weird OCD thing about numbers, so I'm a little obsessed with the awesomeness of the time and day we were married.
So much has changed in two very short years!
We didn't do much celebrating that day because I worked and Spencer and Aniston were full blown sick by this time. We were able to celebrate this weekend because my sweet parents took Aniston from Friday night until Sunday afternoon. Such a blessing to have them so close!

This week was also our mini cheer clinic. Because it was scheduled during the first week of my job, there was no way I could be there. I was sad because last year this was one of my most favorite things to do! I am not good at delegating. It's definitely not because I don't trust people, it's because I know that when things don't go exactly how I had planned, I get really upset. Things didn't go exactly as I had planned and I got upset. I hurt people's feelings, which definitely isn't awesome, and I had a really hard time dealing with the fact that even though it's important to delegate, I don't think it's something I am capable of doing again. Definitely shed some good tears over the span of a few days due to this situation.

I also struggled with parents this week. Everything from cheer parents to afterschool parents. It's hard to remember sometimes that not everyone was raised to be respectful. Dealing with parents is by far the most difficult situation I have ever had to deal with, not matter what the situation! But I also feel as though my skills have improved in this capacity since I have been able to work with kids more often. I just have to constantly remind myself that my decisions and my choices are done to the best of my ability and that it is IMPOSSIBLE to please everyone.

I have the ability to quit my jobs at any time. I choose to work because Spencer and I are NOT reliant on our parents, thank goodness, and we pay for everything on our own. When we got married we created our family and we must provide for our family. I enjoy working with kids and hopefully making a difference in their lives and making their day a little bit brighter. I am blessed to have jobs that I enjoy.

While I have felt so depressed this week it has occurred to me that spending time with my family, and focusing on the things that will last for eternity and that are the most important in my life really does help me feel happy. I am so blessed to have a supportive husband, who would fight my battles for me if I would let him, and a beautiful smart little girl who has a crazy BIG vocabulary already. I had no idea that at 14 months babies could say Bonzai, Panda, Big Hug, Apples, Lila, All Done and Ryan. And that doesn't even include all of the small words she says. She can also now make any animal sound you can possibly imagine! And her latest trick is doing ballet. She was watching The Wiggles and they have a song called "I am a Dancer" and they do ballet. Ani is no dummy and began dancing with them immediately. It's pretty adorable! She is so amazing and really helps me to realize how blessed I am.

When the world lets you down, and it will let you down. Just remember family above all else and you will be okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment