Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Dear Aniston... Part 16

Dear Aniston-

You are, hopefully, days away from becoming a big sister. This means you will no longer be my baby. You are about to have new responsibilities, grow up a little more and no longer be an only child. Have I done enough for you as an only child? Have I loved you enough? Have I taught you enough? Have I completely prepared you to successfully transition into the big sister role? These are questions I ask myself every single day. I pray that I have in no way failed you. You are incredibly smart and talented, and I have no fear that you would be able to pick up those things that I may have left out, but I just hope I have done enough.


Being the oldest child can be tough. I know because it's a role I possess as well. It's something we have in common. You get blamed for a lot. A LOT. You are definitely a guinea pig. And to your younger siblings, you will be somewhat of a role model and second parent. It can be a lot of pressure, but it can also be a huge blessing. Have fun with it. Use your talents and your skills to help, love and protect your siblings. Love them. I know that may be tough at times but they will have the potential to be your best friends... And at times, your worst enemy. But they are your family. They are your rock and the people you will laugh with and spend a lifetime making memories with.


I wish that you would always be as excited as you are right now to be a big sister, but I know that that feeling will not always last. I'm honestly hoping that you are still so excited in 2 weeks after your brother comes to be a big sister. Just remember that it's okay to get frustrated and express your feelings, but Mom and Dad will always love you no matter what. it is never our intention for you to feel hurt or ignored. This is such a wonderful opportunity for you to shine. And there is no doubt in my mind that you will excel. You have exceeded my expectations so far in the past 2 1/2 years in every way, why should this be any different?


Your Dad and I want to make sure that even after brother comes that you know how much we love you. We don't ever want you to feel left out or like we aren't here for you. Obviously some of our time will be taken up by brother, but there will always be time for you! ALWAYS! We will always be here for you to talk to, ask questions of and just to love you.

Good luck my little Ani Kate. I know that you will be great and I will be there every step of the way to help you adjust and be comfortable. I have absolutely LOVED the past almost 2 1/2 years with just you and your Dad. You are such an amazing blessing in our lives. You can always make us laugh and then within a minute you can make us more angry than we've ever been. You have blessed us with your kisses and hugs and your pure knowledge of so much information. You are such a sponge! I admire your ability to learn and your ability to see the good all the time. You have changed my life in so many ways for the better not one for the worst. We definitely weren't expecting you, but I am so glad that you came when you did.


I love you Miss Aniston. And I will always love you. I'm ready for our next adventure together. I'm sure there will be times when you carry me through the day and help me to focus on the good instead of the bad. You are so amazing and so special. I love you so much!


Love - Your Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment