Wednesday, July 9, 2014

DAY 1048... CENSORED

I'm pretty annoyed right now.

I'm a little over social media and their distorted way of thinking and acting. What's my biggest annoyance???? The fact that I cannot post these videos or pictures of my innocent child, who is a baby (okay so not really, she is growing up) but she was a baby here...







Anyone see anything wrong with any of these pictures of a baby?

I certainly do not. But apparently these are immodest pictures. However, Instagram and Facebook will still allow teenagers who are barely dressed in the skimpiest of bikini's to post photos in provocative poses with seriously very little if any clothing on at all. I will spare you all an example photo.

From this I understand that apparently there is a perv out there who is turned on by these pictures and that's why they are immodest? I don't understand who else these photo's would offend. Please, come tell me that these pictures of a newborn infant turn you on. I will cut off your manhood and feed you to the dogs because that it absolutely disgusting! I am ashamed to live in a world where these people exist.

This is motherhood.
This is true life.

It is bloody hot right now, duh, it's July, and my 2 year old is constantly running around in her diaper most of the day. It is just too hot to put her in clothes. Of course just because she is in only a diaper she doesn't stop doing cute things, so I continue to take pictures and videos, but I can't post them because they will be censored. Why? Because she is experiencing real life and it's too hot for her to be fully dressed. Sorry, I'm not going to risk heat stroke or heat rash just so my child can be fully dressed in the dead of the summer heat.

I am ashamed to live in a time where we cannot express true life or the beauty of motherhood. Where provocative teenagers wearing barely any clothing at all are more free to show their nasty bodies, than the perfectly formed body of an innocent baby. Do I think that there is a line or an age where the line should be drawn, of course! I don't find anything wrong with a child in a diaper, but once they are potty trained in underwear, that, in my opinion, is when the topless photos should cease, at least of little girls.

I have dozens of photos of me in the tub with my siblings, are those considered offensive? I certainly don't think people had a problem with them back in the day when they were taken, so what has changed? What is different?

I have a private Instagram account... you can't see my pictures unless I say you can follow me. If you don't like the pictures I post, unfollow me. I have settings on my Facebook that keep my account pretty private, and you have to be my friend in order to see photos and what not. You don't like what I post... Unfriend me. Yes, there are pictures, tons of pictures on my blog of my daughter, but this is my blog. You don't like it, don't read it. Why is that such a hard concept to grasp? I don't follow skanky teenage girls who post nasty pictures, if my "friends" on Facebook post pictures or links that I don't like, I unfriend them. Instead of whining about what other people do, I understand that I have control over my life and what I look at. if I don't like it I don't need to complain about it, I can just change what I look at.

Don't censor my motherhood and I won't censor your life.

We are all at different places in our lives. There have been times when cheerleading and food have consumed my blog, Facebook and Instagram, but right now in my life, the most important thing is my family and that includes a half naked baby running around enjoying life. You can bet that I am going to post pictures of the people I love the most in their everyday environment. It's going to happen.

Stop censoring motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment