Sunday, March 26, 2017

DAY 1819... Welcome Home Elder Kinville

On Monday, March 13th, 2017,
we welcomed home Elder Kinville.
He had been serving a 2 year mission in the Scotland/Ireland mission and we were so excited to finally have him back home.

(Jake brought us all our family Tartans from Scotland. The girls have scarfs, the boys have ties, and Jake has his kilt. Such a cool gift.)

Today,
Elder Kinville gave his homecoming report at church.
But the best part about this was that my Mom,
who also recently was released from serving a Church Service Mission,
got to give her homecoming address in the same meeting.


Does that ever really happen?
It was so unique and such a blessing.
Jake's talk was AMAZING!
My Mom's talk was AMAZING!

Being able to see such a wonderful change in Jake from serving a mission for the past 2 years,
and to couple that with my Mom being able to bless the lives of her special needs students and peer helpers was incredible.

I have seen the best growth,
and the best changes in both Jake and my Mom.
I have also seen numerous blessings in my own life from their service.

Missions are such a blessing to so many people.
I could really go on and on about how wonderful this experience has been for me and my family,
but it would take days...
And I'm moving this week so there's no time for that.

I'm so thankful for both Jake and my Mom and their willingness to serve and to bless the lives of others.

This is the video we made for Jake for his Homecoming today.
It's okay to cry...
There are a TON of pictures in this video, 
so that's why there's not very many posted on the actual blog.




No comments:

Post a Comment