Tuesday, January 14, 2014

DAY 875... Sometimes I fail to believe

I am not a perfect person. I make plenty of mistakes. I overspend sometimes, I make things a bigger deal than they probably need to be sometimes, I have hard feelings towards others for less than necessary reasons (or for reasons that are so very justified), I overreact sometimes, and I don't always spend my time wisely. I'm human. However, I have been thinking a lot lately about many different things I have been told in life and have come to the conclusion that sometimes I fail to believe.

Sometimes I fail to believe that Good Things Happen To People Who Wait

I have some really good people in my life and I watch them struggle more than anyone else I know. These people are caring, generous, well mannered (how 1950's is that?), they are just good in every sense of the word. Yet, some of them struggle with infertility. These people are AMAZING with children but they, for whatever reason, are not capable of having children. Yet, we see time and time again that people who shouldn't have children or people who mistreat children or worse are having more children than they should. Then there are the people who are waiting, every single day to get pregnant, whose hearts break every time they get a negative pregnancy test result or get a negative phone call from an adoption agency, and they can afford to give them an amazing life, but as they continue to wait, their hearts only break more and more. Sometimes I feel like it's those good people who wait, who turn into the bad people with hard hearts because their waiting results in absolutely nothing. Sometimes I feel like these people are just waiting forever for nothing and I'm just not okay with that.

Sometimes I fail to believe that What You See Is What You Get

I have read blogs or seen the pictures that my Facebook friends post about their lives and they look perfect. Suddenly they drop a bombshell. They are getting divorced. I think that's the biggest thing I see. So why do they try to hide their pain and their suffering by posting pictures of a perfect family or false "status updates". People are afraid to truly be who they are because of the judgement they will experience from their peers. Who are their peers to be telling them that they are a bad person because their marriage failed? Why should we criticize those who may be trying harder than we ever try in our marriage to make it work, but for whatever reason it doesn't work out. Why should we judge their failed marriage because she finally had the strength to leave him because he was emotionally or physically abusive? What you see is not always what you get. People are more fake than ever and our constantly updating technology allows this. We should be wary of every single thing we read or see because you never know what is true. Also let's chat about how back in my single days I explored the world of online dating and I had more than a few dates with dudes who looked nothing like their pictures... What I got definitely wasn't what I saw.

Sometimes I fail to believe that You Are What You Eat

I recently watched a little documentary that was filmed in Utah about a man who ate McDonald's everyday for every meal and still lost 35lbs (I think) in 90 days by continuing to exercise. That alone proves this statement false. Of course if you starve yourself you will be thin. You won't be in shape or ripped unless you are starving yourself with chicken and greens and working out. Do we ever pause to think that possibly it is because of this statement that we have girls who are constantly battling eating disorders? Why aren't we teaching our youth how to better take care of their bodies in a healthy manner as opposed to don't eat and get thin, eat what you enjoy and you will be fat?

Sometimes I fail to believe that All Is Fair In Love And War

How is it fair for innocent children to be killed because someone is upset during a war? How is it fair for someone to go into a deep depression or even to commit suicide because the one they loved cheated on them with someone or left them. Love and war are both tricky situations. One is one of the most terrible things that could happen to innocent people and the other is the best thing that could happen to a person. How can they even be compared or close to the same thing. Nothing is fair in love and war. Basically when it comes to love and war we should all just stay out of each others business and let people either be happy or be unhappy, but not let that ruin or determine how we live our lives.

Sometimes I fail to believe that Money Is The Root Of All Evil

I have seen people do amazing things with money. Do I believe that money can change certain people? Yes. But most likely those people were evil in the first place so money didn't change them money just gave them more of an opportunity to be seen and heard and to do worse things with a larger amount of money. A thing cannot turn a person evil. The person must decide out of their own free will that they want to be evil and they personally change their attitude. Money can be good and be used for good things and those people that use money for those purposes are not evil. Basically it's the evil people who gave money a bad name.

Sometimes I fail to believe that You Reap What You Sow. 

This is such a false statement. I know plenty of people who live off mommy and daddy's money even after they are married with children. I mean your parents probably shouldn't be paying your rent when you are 27 and married. Just saying. There are so many people who have no integrity and who have no problem stealing for people. Even though these people are sowing terrible work ethic and laziness they are still provided for and are reaping more benefits than the people who I have seen who sow and sow all day long and do whatever they can to keep their head above water. I mean look at government assistance. We have so many people who are lazy and don't want to work so they have kids and collect from the government. Then there are good hard working people who are doing everything that they can to keep their heads above the water and they are barely making it by and getting less government assistance than their low life neighbors. Obviously I am very passionate about this.


With all this said there are some things that I do believe. I believe that we are never alone. Whether this be physically or spiritually. I believe that everything happens for a reason and that we learn from our trials. We may not be able to see it at that time, but when you look back you will always be able to see how you have grown from your trails and how they made you the person you are today. I believe in karma. It sucks that it doesn't happen at the exact moment that you wish it would, but it does happen. I have seen it in my own life, and I have to admit that I'm a fan. I believe that people can change. It takes a lot of hard work and time, so if someone comes and tells you they changed overnight... run. They are lying. I also believe in unconditional love. I was once told that there was no such thing as unconditional love. The teacher explained to me that parents love their children under the condition that they are their children, so they were obligated to love them. False. Unconditional love is strong and powerful and an amazing experience.

I really don't mean to offend anyone by what I post. This blog also serves as my journal and I am an honest person. I will write what I feel and nothing less. And just because no post should ever go without a picture.... Imagine if Aniston was twins! How cute and sassy would they be?

No comments:

Post a Comment