Saturday, January 5, 2013

DAY 482... 6 Months Old Already!!!

It feels like yesterday that my home healthcare nurse was giving me my IV's almost daily, I was constantly throwing up every day at the exact same time every day, and that my baby would kick me so hard from the inside that it would bruise my stomach on the outside. Good times! But 6 months ago today, all of that changed. I was blessed to give birth to a beautiful and healthy and perfect baby girl, who is staring at me from her pink chair at this moment in super creeper fashion, and all of those pains and sufferings that it took to get her into this world didn't matter!

I cannot believe that my little girl is already 6 months old!!! Time seriously needs to slow down. I had always heard that babies grow up fast, but I didn't really ever believe it since time seems to go by so slowly. But these people did not lie. This has been the fastest 6 months of my life! And even though it has definitely not been the easiest 6 months of my life (probably actually the hardest 6 months ever), it has been the most rewarding and simply the BEST 6 months EVER!!!
Aniston is really turning into the sassiest baby ever! Of course she's super adorable... by the number of people who stop us to stare at her on a daily basis, I know this is true, but she's more than that. She is ridiculously smart, funny, and just perfect! Okay she's not perfect, but she seems that way all too often.

Ani Kate LOVES food. She probably gets this from both Spencer and I because we LOVE food. It worries me a little because she will stare at us, without blinking, while we eat our food with her mouth open. She can't get enough of her own food either bottle or her solids!!! I'm figuring that somewhere down the line I am going to have to make some food boundaries to avoid body image issues. But that's a ways off. For now I am proud of her love and desire to eat! She is truly my child. She also knows the sign for milk already. She can't do the sign but she calms down when I do it because she knows it's coming.... Smart girl!
Ani also loves strangers! Actually she loves anyone who will give her any attention at all. This is also another worry that I have and something that we will have to work to change before she starts dating. She does now recognize that she is being held by someone else other than Mom and Dad, but as long as she can see one of us she is fine. If she can't see us then out comes that lower lip. Is it bad that I think she is incredibly cute when she starts to cry????

Aniston sleeps from about 9pm-7 or 8am solid. She is an AMAZING sleeper and I love it! Of course I get up at least once to make sure she's still breathing, but it's nice that she is respectful of night time.
Ani Kate is starting to push herself up almost to her knees when she's on her belly, she's feeding herself from a bottle, and she has learned that by rolling, she can move from here to there.
She LOVES music, anything from the ABC's to Les Miserables (of course), she LOVES books, and she loves baths She might love baths because of her 3 best friends! From left to right we have Dorota, Dante, and Darrell. She loves them!!!! BFF's forever!
Aniston also loves her Dad!!! I may or may not be a little jealous of this, but she will always smile for him no matter what! I don't have those same privileges. Seriously, any picture you see where she is smiling, it's because Spencer is making her smile.

She's also a crafty little girl... When she knows we aren't paying attention to her she will fake cough and then look over at us to see if we looked at her. When she does it from her crib, I may or may not yell "FAKER" then go back to whatever it was that I was doing. Bad parenting?????

Spencer and I still look at her and we can't believe that we made her! Children are proof that we are capable of doing great things! I'm so thankful for Aniston Kate and the blessings and love that she has brought into our home for the past 6 months. I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her and my AWESOME husband!
HAPPY HALF BIRTHDAY ANISTON KATE AHLSTROM!!! WE LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment