Sunday, May 11, 2014

DAY 990... What Being a Mom Means To Me

Being a Mom means to me that:
  • Things don't always go as planned, but usually they end up going better.
  • Everything you do, benefits someone else usually more than yourself.
  • You may never get enough sleep again, but the things that you experience dead tired, are so worth it.
  • You can no longer purchase or wear expensive clothing.
  • You no longer have to plan your workouts because you will be chasing your child around, everyday and it's a pretty great workout.
  • You will have to empty your phone frequently because videos and photos of your child will consume your device.
  • Creativity becomes a necessity.
  • You develop a new talent/skill everyday.
  • Bathing and curling irons are a rare blessing.
  • You know the lyrics to every Disney channel theme songs.
  • You can handle no less than 4 loads of laundry a day. Cleaned, folded, and put away.
  • Your freezer will always be stocked with chicken nuggets and go-gurts.
  • A child's laughter becomes the cure for absolutely anything!
  • Everyday is a blessing.
  • You will do things you never knew you were capable of.
  • You become a teacher.
  • You can do ANYTHING, even the things you think are impossible!
  • You will ALWAYS be loved!
  • You become a super hero.
Being a mom to me, means becoming a super hero. I had no idea what a difficult, yet rewarding job being a mom was when I was growing up. In fact, there were many times where I did not give my mom the credit or respect that she deserved. That makes me sad, because she was such an amazing mom and I didn't even realize it. I am blessed to now know and recognize her greatness and the blessing that she is is in my life, and I'm lucky that she lives 10 minutes away from me so that I can make up for my reckless childhood.







At work this week, the Kindergarten classes were taking these adorable pictures for their Mom's and I couldn't help but to join in. It's important that I express my love to my mom this week, not only because of Mother's Day, but also because she turned 50 this week!!!!


I had never thought of myself as a selfish person, but around the 8th month of my pregnancy with Aniston I realized that I was completely selfish! I wanted my sleep, I wanted to eat whatever I wanted to eat without getting sick or having to share it, I wanted my crazy amounts of energy back. There was so much that I wanted to do, but I couldn't. The thing about this type of selfishness, is that even though I desperately wanted to sleep in later than 6:15 this morning, which is when Aniston woke up, I'm okay getting up, because I know that I'm getting up with her. I know that when I get up and go into her room that she will smile at me like she hasn't seen me in days. I know that she will be so happy to see me that it will instantly take away any hard feelings that I may have. Being a Mom means that I give up what I want or what I think I may need, for the needs and wants of someone who means more to me than anything. Being a Mom has changed my life and definitely for the better!



I am so thankful for the blessing and the opportunity that I have to be a Mom. It's not something I can ever take for granted because there are so many people who do not have this blessing. My opinion about Mother's Day includes all women. Mothers, not mothers, single, married, divorced, widowed, dog mommies, cat mommies, teachers, etc. I could go on and on. I have one friend who is a phenomenal kindergarten teacher. Just amazing. She is so sweet, understanding, loving, smart, caring, oh the list goes on and on. I consider her such a mother even though she does not have her own children yet. She mothers her kindergartners every single day. Numerous parents trust her daily with their children, to teach them and build them up to be great people. That's HUGE! That takes a lot of trust, and you know she's good because she gets a crazy amount of requests every year! Her children are going to be the most blessed children ever! She is going to blow motherhood out of the water, she is so prepared and she will be amazing. No woman should ever feel as though they feel excluded or left out from Mother's Day. Being a woman, in itself is hard enough it should be celebrated! So Happy Mother's Day to every woman out there mother or not! You all deserve to be celebrated today!





No comments:

Post a Comment