Sunday, May 4, 2014

DAY 983... Expecting the Unexpected Take 2

I didn't die... Although some days it feels like death. I'm alive just pregnant.


SURPRISE! First let me say that we are incredibly excited and feel so blessed! We have been overwhelmed by the support and encouragement of our friends and family as we have announced the pregnancy. So my body hates to be pregnant. I understand and I am so thankful that I am able to successfully carry a child and to experience pregnancy, but it just does not agree with me. I haven't been as sick as I was with Aniston, but I didn't get really sick with her until the 2nd trimester. I am hungry this time around, but I can never finish anything because I start feeling so sick. I am loving white cheddar cheez-its and watermelon, and not so much my beloved Taco Bell. Such a bummer! Especially since we just moved (crazy story) and we only live a block away from TB. Of course since the pregnancy is different so far than the last, Spencer assumes that means it's a boy. Wouldn't that be fun? Unfortunately, we have never been able to agree on boys names, so this child may be nameless for their first 24 hours like Ani was. We aren't the couple who announces the name of our child the same day as we find out the sex. We like to look at our child and meet them, and then name them. Naming is a big deal, and we just don't want to get it wrong. I think we did pretty good with our Aniston Kate.

I feel so blessed and it makes me so incredibly happy to see how excited Aniston is! She carries the ultrasound pictures around with her and kisses it and just looks at it and says, "My baby. So tiny and so cute." She has informed us that she doesn't want to share a bedroom with the baby, but she gives my belly kisses everyday and says, "I love you baby". It just melts my heart. The baby isn't due until November so Ani will almost be 2 1/2 by then and I think it's the perfect age for her to become a big sister.




I have other concerns, that I hope are somewhat normal concerns. I am not worried that I won't love the baby, but I'm worried about loving two. How does that happen? How is it equal? I've been told it's natural and that I don't need to worry about it, but I just want my children to have the best life's and to know that they are so loved.

Ani was definitely unexpected. This baby was also unexpected. We tried to get pregnant for a while, but it just didn't happen. I am the kind of person who stresses out frequently and easily. I think that stress prevented us from being able to get pregnant. I also am a heavy believer that everything happens for a reason and that includes timing. We consider this baby unexpected because we were not trying to have a baby when we got pregnant, but this baby is definitely wanted and already so loved! The best part about timing is I will graduate in August with my masters, so that will be done and not a stress, and that baby is due close to holidays so I will have breaks from work. Perfect timing.

I promise I will not bombard you with belly pictures, but I have had so many people asking for one already, so here's bump picture number one.


Thank you all for your support and your well wishes and your concerns for my health. I hope to be updating more frequently and to get you up to speed on all these crazy things that have happened in our lives. Trust me, it's been a roller coaster of a first trimester and it has nothing to with this baby!

1 comment:

  1. YAY YAY YAY!! So happy the word is finally out!! You are an incredible mother and I cannot wait to see this little baby!

    ReplyDelete