Wednesday, May 27, 2015

DAY 1360 - 1363... A Really Needed Fantastic Weekend

Honestly, I am exhausted. Benson isn't sleeping at night, we are getting new carpet in our apartment today, so basically we moved out last night, I haven't been feeling well and I am just tired. When I say tired, I mean head on the table, falling asleep during dinner tired. And before anyone assumes or issues judgement, yes, it's possible that I am still struggling with postpartum depression. I understand that and I know it. I don't have time for it, my husband doesn't have time for it, and our life just doesn't allow time for it, so I haven't really been able to deal with it properly yet. But it is what it is. I will get to it eventually. Right now, I'm just taking every day, one day at a time and really trying to enjoy the good in my life. I'm focusing on the blessings of my awesome family and my insanely beautiful children.

We were able to sneak down to Utah over the past weekend. It was really needed. It was a pretty great trip because we really didn't have anything planned so we were able to take it easy and relax and do whatever we wanted to do instead of being on a schedule and running from place to place.

Aniston calls this song her "lady" song. She loves it.


We had planned on going to Utah several weeks ago for the Payson Temple open house, but we all got crazy sick, so we passed. We thought we could squeeze in the open house this time around... not so lucky. We got down there, but because it was the last weekend, everyone and their Mom was also there. The wait was over a hour and a half and we just couldn't do that with kids, especially after being in the car so much that day already. So we took pictures in front of the temple as if we really did go in, and went and ate with my Aunt and cousins.


I did find an awesome piece of property that I should probably buy ASAP. You know I could live in a box on the property because I'm sure it's insanely expensive and would take the rest of my life to pay off so I wouldn't be able to afford a house, but at least the view would be amazing right?

My sister bought the kids these super cute matching outfits for Christmas and I was so excited that Benson is finally big enough to wear it. Gosh they are cute kids! Thanks Aunt Kim for the cute outfits!











I also kind of failed at life on Friday. I forgot my wallet in my Mom's car, so I didn't have it in Utah. I forgot the formula for Benson, so that was super pleasant. Aniston threw a fit in the restaurant and I brought church shoes that were at least 1 size too small. Seriously, they went into the trash shortly after the pictures we took at the temple. It was not my best day. I felt awful about myself and it was just awful.

When we go down to Utah we usually stay at my Uncle Bill and Aunt Julie's house. They are just about as awesome as people can possibly be. We love them a ton! We finally got to go out with them for breakfast on Saturday. It was insanely delicious, huge portions and so nice to sit down with them and talk and relax without crazy kids... minus Benson. Let me tell you... Black Bear Diner has, hands down, the BEST pancakes I have ever tasted in my life! In. My. Life.



Because we didn't get to go into the temple, and Aniston really wanted to do that, we took her to temple square to see, as she calls it, "The Big Jesus". We had a blast walking around and seeing the temple. She loved it and she learned that Jesus is her brother. She is pretty stoked to have 2 brothers. And let's be honest, I am totally fine walking where ever when people are stopping us every 2 seconds to tell us how cute our kids are. I just love that.




We also crossed the street and made it over to City Creek and hit up the Disney store. Aniston was lucky enough to pick out some new toys. We are HUGE lovers of Disney in this house. When I walk into the Disney store, anything bad just melts away. I just feel happy. Apparently I need to live closer to a Disney store. It's amazing therapy.


We wanted to go to a park, but it started pouring rain, so we hit up Scheels. We kind of love this store and I'm pretty sure we stop by every time we are in town. This time, Aniston was tall enough to go on the Ferris Wheel. She was pretty nervous at first, but she got over that fairly quickly. It's pretty cool that they have a full size Ferris Wheel in their store in the first place. It was a great time!





Spencer went out with his buddies Saturday night and Aniston, Benson and I hung out the with cousins outside. Thank goodness the rain stopped. Aniston preferred to hang out with the boys and play in the dirt and with rocks, while Benson played with the girls. My kids love the cousins. That's what we call them, the cousins. Technically they're my cousins, but they are more suitable for my children's age so "the cousins" it is. The cousins are AMAZING with my kids and they are just the sweetest kids around.





The oldest one was at school, several weeks ago, and noticed that one of her teachers had Facebook pulled up and I was on there. Turns out her teacher was my young women's leader like 14 or 15 years ago. So of course we stopped by the school and selfied it up with one of the coolest young women's leaders ever! She was the one who introduced me to Monty Python, so you know I'm serious when I say she was one of the coolest.



We headed back home on Sunday, but the weather was absolutely GORGEOUS so we stopped by a park for Spencer to get some disc golf in and for the kids to play before spending the next 3 1/2 hours in the car. Benson enjoyed the swings for the first time and Ani enjoyed the fake trees. Really though, I feel as thought my children aged on this trip. Benson in the swings and Aniston using the big swings. So not fair. They grow up too fast.










We were able to meet up with one of Spencer's best friends since birth. Literally, birth. They were born on the same day, in the same hospital and in rooms next to each other. They even grew up as next door neighbors. Kind of cool. Now they both have 2 kids and have grown up, Kind of fun.


The park stop was genius because both kids slept the entire way home. Winner winner chicken dinner.


Monday was another great day. The kids slept really well, back in their own beds, and that means Mom and Dad slept well. We headed over to my parents house for a BBQ and some outdoor fun. Thank you Idaho for a day of decent weather. We bought Aniston her first ball and bat and Spencer introduced my Dad to disc golf. Our goal is to get my Dad to enter a tournament before the end of the summer. He was, not so surprisingly, good. He is good at everything.








My parents also graciously named the pumpkin patch section of their garden, "Ani's Pumpkin Patch". Those of you who know me well, knows that it is my dream to open the most AMAZING pumpkin patch in the world. Someday I will show you my plans. It's a real thing. Ani loved showing me where the pumpkins would grow.


















The kids and I wore our new shirts. I already wear my feelings and emotions on my sleeve, now I'm wearing them on my clothing. True story. Evolution of emotions.


It was a great relaxing weekend. I don't think we could have spent our time any better. Thank you to everyone who made our long weekend perfect!

Bonus Video:



No comments:

Post a Comment