Tuesday, August 5, 2014

DAY 1074... The Beehive State, Best Friends and Baptisms

Sometimes the planets align and lots of good things happen at the same time. This is a good time. This happened to Spencer and I this past weekend and we headed off to Utah to have an incredible weekend! These are the days that I'm thankful that I work for the school district and don't work during the summer. We can just pick up and leave!

We started off Saturday morning with the baptism of our niece Chloe. Aniston had never been to a baptism before and she, for the most part, did a pretty good job. She was very interested in the actual baptism part, and I was so thankful that we were invited and able to attend. Aniston has a blast with so many cousins all week!

 One of the best parts about going to Utah is being able to spend so much time with Spencer's parents. Ani loves her Grandma and Grandpa!


 I love these pictures of Aniston and Chloe together! Ani had so much fun, and that is so obvious by her smile and the way that she looks up to her cousin!


Such a beautiful day to celebrate such a fun occasion!

Of course we had to hit up Scheel's while we were in Utah. We LOVE this store. Spencer fell even more in love when he saw their large selection of disc's for disc golf...


 Ani fell in love with a couple things too...


 Her own personal disc golf set. Seriously the most adorable thing I have ever seen. Such a fun toy!


 And it seems as though she may share her mother's love for skunks. That's right... I love skunks! Including their smell. I'm a weirdo...


 It's not everyday that you get to high five a bear!



Spencer's BF Jason, introduced me to my first Triple D experience and I am in love! It is a Vietnamese restaurant that specializes in sandwiches. That's a lot of new things to me. Kind of scary to try new things when you're pregnant, but I am definitely not regretting this trip.


The boys settled with their traditional Pho. I tried some of the broth, and I didn't love it, but I'd definitely be willing to try it again after the baby comes.


This was my sandwich. HEAVEN in bread! It was called a Garlic-butter Ribeye Steak sandwich. It had ribeye steak, mayo, lettuce, cucumber, cilantro (best part), jalapeno, tomatoes, and black pepper onion vinaigrette. I was nervous, but this sandwich is now one of my most favorite things ever now!


While Spencer went and hung out with Jason for the evening, Ani and I headed over to my aunt and uncles house to play with my cousins. They are the perfect age for Aniston, much younger than I am, and she had an absolute blast with them! We are so blessed to have so many amazing family members to spend time with in Utah. Basically, we are dying to move back to Salt Lake! Anyone know of any amazing jobs in the sports management field down there for me? In 3 weeks I will have my masters and my athletic administration certification. Let me know!


 This was actually Aniston's first time on a trampoline and she is still talking about how much fun she had!


Look at these cute kids!!!! Love them so much!


So we are continuing our disc golf obsession and we were able to go to the most absolutely gorgeous disc golf course in Holladay while we were down there. I am still in awe over how beautiful and calming this course was. Just go if you live anywhere near this park!!! You will not regret it!



Man, Spencer and I made one good looking baby girl!






Look at that view!!! GORGEOUS!




I played photographer and bag girl so that Spencer could play the course and catch Ani after she would run into the woods. Such a fun little adventure. It's okay that we got rained out after only 6 holes. But we will definitely be heading back!

Monday, was the best day! During this trip, both Spencer and I were able to spend time with our best friends and spend some time as a family on Temple square where Spencer and I were married!


Me and my babies!





Haha! This picture makes me laugh because it's just silly!

Spencer and Jason have been friends for quite awhile and they are great together! They talk seriously almost everyday and we just love our Asian Jason! They were always together when Spencer and I met and ever since I have known Spencer I have known Jason. We really try to make time for Spencer to spend time with Jason every single time we are in Utah. he is such a good friend to Spencer! We love you Jason!


 That was then.................................................................. This is now. So much fun!

Spencer is lucky and gets to see his best friend quite often, while I don't. 14 years ago I met a girl named Nichole. I think I called her Nichole for about 3 months and from then on I have always called her Gilbert and she has called me Arnie. We had an obsession with the movie What's Eating Gilbert Grape. But everyone knows who Gilbert is. And it just so happens that we were in the same place at the same time this weekend and so we made sure to get together. I get to see her once a year if I am lucky! It was such a great day!!!



This one was taken in 2001 or 2002 while the Halloween one was in 2007.



And here we are now. Look how AMAZING she looks! It was so great to see her! We had a blast at the Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum and of course eating at the Pie. Cheese Pull A-Parts are my favorite!!!


 After I decided to let Aniston hold her own ice cream... we were in desperate need of a wardrobe change!









It was a WONDERFUL trip and we feel so blessed to have been able to do so many amazing things in just a few short days!


No comments:

Post a Comment