Tuesday, March 17, 2015

DAY 1294... Changing Your Luck

I use to think that I was unlucky. Unlucky in every single way possible.


This was me. I was 25, unmarried, not graduated from college, waking up at 4am to go to ESPN game day, working everyday, and just not really having meaning in my life. I was convinced that something was wrong with me. I didn't have a boy friend and I wasn't married. At this point my younger sister had been married for 3 years already!


And I had been an aunt for awhile.


I was having a really hard time being happy for other people. Seriously, this was taken at my best friends wedding...


Then one day everything changed. I decided that I needed to be happier and that I could be happier and that it was up to me to be happy and make that change. So I did. And I started to get lucky. 

I graduated from college.


I met the LOVE of my life.


I got engaged.


I got married.


I got pregnant.


My amazing cheer team won 5th place at USA cheerleading nationals.


I had a beautiful baby girl.


I got pregnant again.


I graduated with my master's degree.


I had a beautiful baby boy.


And all of this happened in 4 short years. 

I LOVE the movie Titanic. I just love anything to do with the Titanic basically. Billy Zane has a line in the movie where he says, "A real man makes his own luck." I believe that 100%! I changed my attitude and the way I lived my life and that changed my luck. attitude truly is everything. And now, here I am today, with an amazing husband and two insanely beautiful children. How grateful I am for my life. Is it perfect? Oh heck no. Far from it in fact, but it is good. It is wonderful!




Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! Go Change Your Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment