Monday, February 23, 2015

DAY 1272... Oscar Awesomeness

Anyone who knows me knows that I love celebrities, movies and people.com. I also LOVE awards season and Neil Patrick Harris! So a couple of weeks ago, I came up with the idea of throwing our first Oscar Viewing party. Surprisingly my husband was on board and we began planning. Thank goodness for Pinterest! I seriously cannot believe that I was married and planned a reception without Pinterest. I think I am owed a redo...


We decided not to invite many people and to have a laid back fun enjoyable time. Next year, yes, it went well enough to make it an annual event, I think it needs to be a formal event. As adults you rarely get to dress up and get fancy and that probably needs to happen. Spencer was actually really wanting that to happen since he had already worn his other new suit to church that day and he was looking mighty fine. I'd take him to an awards show any day as my date!



I started the day by dressing Aniston in her gold dress, suitable for the Oscar's, for church. I was super bummed that I couldn't find her tights, so she rocked the Shirley Temple/Pageant socks.



Poor girl has a crazy bad cold, but that didn't stop her from partying it up, let me tell you. Some of our friends brought their 2 kids over, so Ani was super excited to have little people to play with as opposed to adults.









I really wanted people to be engaged and motivated to watch the Oscar's, so we had everyone fill out ballots before we started watching and offered a prize for the person who guessed the most correctly. We also played Oscar Bingo and because of that game, even the men were paying close attention. Thank goodness for prizes aka motivation!

The winner at the end of the night with 13/24 correct Oscar winners? Yours truly? It's probably bad hosting etiquette to be able to win a prize, but oh well. It happened.


I decided that I wanted to have a Popcorn Bar along with a few other small treats because you CANNOT have a party without treats. It was super simple and easy and best of all CHEAP! I really liked how it all turned out. I ordered these seasonings off Amazon and offered 8 different candy toppings for the popcorn.



I found these cute goody bags at the Dollar Tree and thought they were perfect for our Oscar Party! We filled them with even more candy. You can never have too much candy!


 We couldn't have the party without sparkling cider and of course juice for the kiddos! I also offered some veggies. I have lost 10lbs in 2 weeks (more about that later) and decided that I probably shouldn't go too crazy.




We also set up a photobooth area... that could use some work next year for sure. But it was my first time and it wasn't awful. The little girls adored it! They may or may not have eaten some of the uncooked black beans used to keep the props in place. My bad. 


It was a super fun night, and definitely beats watching the Oscar's alone. I already have so many ideas for next year!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment